DISCLAIMER: All photos on this blog belong to me and are protected by copyright; they may not be copied, reproduced or distributed without the express, written consent of myself. All Rights Reserved.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Morning in Downtown Winnipeg (18/366)

Taken in downtown Winnipeg while waiting for a bus to take me to the city's west end for a doctor's appointment. (The shot was taken through the plastic windows of the bus shelter, hence the "spotting" in the foreground.) The temperature? About -27 degrees Celcius, with a windchill so low you really DON'T want the numbers.

United Army Surplus used to be the most amazing store, but they closed this summer. Wah.

(And many buildings in downtown Winnipeg are a LOT taller than these; this cluster of apartment blocks stands toward the western end of the downtown area proper.)

Morning in Downtown Winnipeg

2 comments:

Lew said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am partial to early morning and late afternoon pictures. I love the warmth and shadows that result. You have captured some scenes of life and your cats seemed to have the run of the place as do ours. Many years ago I was in Ottawa for a few days about this time of year , -12 or so, as I remember. I know my feet got cold walking back to the hotel after dinner.

Lew said...

We don't mind you borrowing the disclaimer. You will notice that I borrowed it from Marianne.